Tenovus Cancer Care, are Wales’ leading cancer charity, they operate 59 charity shops in Wales and West England which are a large income generator for the charity.
Claiming Gift Aid through their retail shops was a complex and administration heavy process that utilised a server based outdated database to manage the donations, sales and GiftAid management claims across their retail portfolio. As part of a move to a cloud-based solution alongside hybrid working, Tenovus Cancer Care, required a new system to with much improved applications and utility.
- Many volunteers lack the training or experience to access and apply complex software packages
- Administrative heavy and largely paper-based processes were used to capture information in shop that was then centrally entered, creating large volumes of data entry and human resource.
- Delays in processing paperwork resulted in delays in claiming Gift Aid
- Hybrid working with lower numbers of regularly office-based administration teams means that logistical challenges are added to the lengthy administrative processes for claims.
The Solution: Gift Aider Patron
The new application is accessed through a simple to use platform that allows Tenovus Cancer Care, to easily manage, record and report on their shops Gift Aid claims, with easily automated administration submission to HMRC for efficient claims management.
- Is accessible from any location as cloud based
- Allows each user to report into a centrally managed system for ease of retail footprint localised reporting via a easy to use dashboard.
- Collates location GiftAid claims into one automated HMRC submission at the frequency the charity prefers, to improve cash flow and income
- Produces the legally required communication automatically to be sent to donors via email or output to post prior to the claim being made.
- Produces the legally required annual statements for automatic distribution at a click of a button
- Simplifies Gift Aid sign up at each shop or site through a simple GiftAid sign up page
“The new Gift Aid management application has made immeasurable improvements to the way in which we operate; the outcome is exactly as we had hoped”
Katie George, Tenovus Cancer Care.